Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Glass of Water.....

This afternoon my doorbell rang. I answered the door with some annoyance, knowing that it was most likely a salesman. It was. His name was Rob. He was a 20 year old exchange student from the U.K. selling children's educational books. He asked if he could come in and share with me what he was selling. I told him "No thank you"as I began to shut the door. I immediately felt led by the Lord to open my door and to let him in. I said, "You know what? Why don't you come in after all." Rob grabbed his bag and came inside. I asked him to sit at my dining room table. "Can I get you some water?", I asked. He said, "Sure, That would be great." I went into the kitchen where my wife was studying. She asked who it was and I told her, I don't know, I just felt like I was supposed to invite him in.
I went back into the dining room to give Rob his water to find him crying. He said, "I don't know why I'm crying." I said, "It's OK.......Rob, I'm a pastor and I felt like I was supposed to ask you in. Can I pray for you?" For the next hour I had the wonderful privilege of sharing the gospel with Rob. He was incredibly receptive and I could feel the presence of the Lord with us as we spoke. I believe I had the opportunity to not only share my faith through verbally expressing but through practical kindness as well. There was a seed planted today that I'm praying someone else will water and reap. After a couple of glasses of water later our time together concluded. As he was leaving I encouraged him to drop me a line on Facebook and that I would be praying for him.

Bottom Line: We must allow for life interruptions so that we can embrace the joy of sharing our faith in word AND deed.

Are you Thirsty,

Nathan

2 comments:

  1. Praise God man, that's awesome.

    -- Big Scott, from Baton Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't amazing what happens when we come under the conviction of God?!

    ReplyDelete