Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Mission Trip Without the Airfare

I've been on several mission trips in my life. Some in the States and some international. I try to encourage everyone that is able to go on at least one international mission's trip in their lifetime. It's life changing to see what God is doing in other places and to see the great need around the world.

However, the mission's trip I'm most passionate about seeing Christians go on is the daily trip to their mission field.....the missional trip into their circle of influence: their neighborhood, their kitchen table, their classroom, their break room, their cubicle, their job sight, their ball field. Many go to these fields but don't work them. If we could see past the assumed reasons of why we are there and see the God ordained reason we are there; we could see this incredible opportunity to be a part of changing lives around us with the gospel.

This weekend I'll be interviewing a special guest during my message: Randy Freeman. He's a great friend of mine and I'm excited about what the future holds for him and his family. Randy and his family are headed in a few weeks to Swaziland, Africa. God called Randy to leave everything he knew here in the U.S. to go and take the gospel to Swaziland.

Randy is going to his mission field. Will you go to yours?


Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment