Sunday, June 14, 2009

Decision Making....

Bad Decisions many times are like bananas they come in bunches. So it's no surprise in looking back over the last 5 years of my life I can see a pattern of one bad decision after another in my relationships, my career, my spiritual life, etc. It has caused me to put some consistant measures in place to reduce their frequency. Here's what I've done:

1. Committed to pray about major decisions until I feel a secure "peace". If that peace doesn't come, it's a no-go.

2. Committed to completely hear out my wife's counsel. Her intuition is undeniable.

3. Committed to run all major decisions by a select group of men. Scripture states that we should, "Walk with the wise."

4. Committed to never make major decisions when exhausted and/or depressed.

For me these principles have already made an impact on myself and my family when making life changing choices. Bottom line: Our decisions in life don't just effect ourselves alone....why make decisions that way?

Time to Decide,

Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment