Thursday, June 4, 2009

Stressed Out

Stressed out. That's how I've felt this week. This underlying tension that is in my chest and in the pit of my stomach. It's pervasive in my thinking. When I get this stressed out I begin to get stressed about things I NEVER been worried about. It's like a cancer spreading quickly into every category of my life: personal and work. When I realize that I've been taken over by this emotion, I many times come to the understanding that I haven't spent any time in prayer and I'm trying to do it all in my own strength. I start to withdrawal from people. I become incredibly irritable and I also begin to make poor choices along the way. In the midst of a schedule and a task list that is unrelenting I must.....Stop. Do whatever it takes to stop for a moment and pray not for the sake of finding "inner strength", but to be reminded that you can't do any of this on your own. Bottom line: Stress can be regulated by prayer.

Peace,

Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment